Monday, March 24, 2008

Audio Link: Ergun Caner - Why I Am Predestined Not to Be A Hyper Calvinist

Dr Ergun Caner, president of Liberty Theological Seminary (a Southern Baptist Seminary) speaks on the topic of "Hyper Calvinism", and why he's not a hyper Calvinist. The passage he preaches from is 1 Timothy 2:1-8. Caner defines a hyper-calvinist as one who believes in reprobation, infant damnation, has an apathy towards missions, and is against public invitations to accept Christ.

I'm guessing that Caner is probably a 2 or 3 point Calvinist himself, so he would not consider himself an Arminian. His main beef with Calvinism is no doubt -L- limited atonement.

Dr. Caner is a great speaker, he gets fired up. He has a heart to preach to the lost. If you believe Jesus died for everyone, you will LOVE his message. :)

Audio Link: Thomas Road Baptist Church April 9, 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had the chance to listen yet, but I really like the title! LOL Reminds me of my bible teacher. When Calvinists try to get him to view the scriptures their way he tells them he must not be predestined to believe it. :-) There is something else he tells them, but it escapes me at the moment. But it was pretty good, too.