Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wesley Study Bible on Sale

Cokesbury is running a special on the Wesley Study Bible. If you're interested in getting one, now's the time to do it. Link here. Cost is $19.95, half off the regular price. On sale through April 30, 2010.

As a bit of side trivia, Cokesbury is named after two famous Methodists. The first two American bishops in the American church were Thomas Coke and Francis Asbury. They were appointed by John Wesley after the pesky Americans decided to have a revolution.

5 comments:

Tony said...

I got it when it first came out. I was kind of disappointed, because I had thought it would have Wesley's commentary on the Bible, and instead it was more like a commentary from a Methodist perspective. I ended up selling it afterward.

Plus, I was never fond of the NRSV :)

Kevin Jackson said...

Tony, I wasn't completely pleased with it either, but I do enjoy using it

Perhaps this is what you were looking for: John Wesley's Scriptural Christianity by Thomas Oden. It is the closest thing out there to a commentary by John Wesley.

Tony said...

I'll keep an eye on that, thank you.

Russ Veldman said...

Thank you for the tip on the Wesley Bible.

On your Arminianbooks.com site I read a note about suggesting Arminian books. I have written a Wesleyan-Arminian catechism called Classic Catechism. It is published by Light and Life Communications and can be found on Amazon and at Wesleyan Publishing House. If you wish, I can email you a document I used to present the Classic Catechism at the last Free Methodist General Conference.

Thank you,

Russ Veldman

Kevin Jackson said...

Russ, thanks for stopping by. I added the catechism book to the Arminian books page. You can see it on the bottom right of the main page. Sure, I would definitely be interested in the document. Email me at kljackson_at_marinerfan_dot_net. I also noticed you have a blog and added you to my blog roll. God bless, Kevin