Friday, April 24, 2009

Frankenstein vs Calvinism

(Warning, this is pretty cheesy and is not meant to be taken seriously)

How many similarities are there between the story of Frankenstein and the theology of John Calvin? Let's take a look...



Frankenstein - Start with completely dead corpse.
Calvinism - Check

Frankenstein - Corpse is zapped with lightning and brought to life.
Calvinism - Check

Frankenstein - Creator is self centered and has an ends justifies the means mentality.
Calvinism - Check

Frankenstein - Even after being zapped with lightning Frankenstein is still nothing more than a totally depraved monster.
Calvinism - Check

Frankenstein - Hunchbacked servant named Igor
Calvinism - Hunchback servant named Pierre

Frankenstein - "I am not a Frankenstein. I'm a Fronkensteen. Don't give me that. I don't believe in fate. And I won't say it!...All right, you win. You win. I give. I'll say it. I'll say it. I'll say it. DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING THAT FOR ME! DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING THAT FOR ME!"
Calvinism - Check


(That last one is a reference to Young Frankenstein)

2 comments: