Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Christian Traditions Selector Quiz

Here's a pretty good "what church tradition are you" type quiz. At least it pegged me about right. :) I had to view the source code to post the results, don't know if I missed an easier way.

HT: Nick Norelli

Your Christian Traditions Selector Results

(100%) 1: Methodist/Wesleyan/Nazarene

(97%) 2: Pentecostal/Charismatic/
Assemblies of God

(91%) 3: Anabaptist (Mennonite/Quaker etc.)

(77%) 4: Church of Christ/Campbellite

(76%) 5: Baptist (non-Calvinistic)/Plymouth
Brethren/Fundamentalist

(67%) 6: Congregational/United Church of Christ

(64%) 7: Baptist (Reformed/Particular/
Calvinistic)

(56%) 8: Anglican/Episcopal/Church of England

(53%) 9: Presbyterian/Reformed

(53%) 10: Seventh-Day Adventist

(50%) 11: Eastern Orthodox

(42%) 12: Lutheran

(36%) 13: Roman Catholic

9 comments:

bossmanham said...

My top result ended up being
(100%) 1: Baptist (Reformed/Particular/Calvinistic)

That's totally off >:/

Kevin Jackson said...

haha!

Onesimus said...

The quiz needed a "none of the above" option. I found that around a quarter of the questions gave no correct option and I had to answer "not sure" even though I WAS sure of what I believed regarding the paricular question.

I think my top two results were about as close to correct as would be possible considering the limitations of a quiz like this.

100% Pentecostal
96% Anabaptist

Though I have no idea how I could have been 34% Baptist (reformed/Particular/Calvinistic. Anything related to "Calvinistic" should be a zero in my case.

Jc_Freak: said...

I got 100% for Eastern Orthodox. Can't say I'm that surprised since what keeps me out of the Eastern Orthodox wasn't in the quiz. Also, the lowest percentile I had was 71%, so clearly I'm more ecclectic than I thought.

Anonymous said...

Hey Boss,

My top result was also (100%)Baptist(Reformed/Particular/Calvinistic) With my second result (96%) Methodist/Wesleyan/Nazarene. Now just how does that work? :)

Kevin Jackson said...

Onesimus, I had a few questions like that too, where none of the answers was quite what I preferred. Predestination and Baptism were like that. I just went with what ever was closest.

JC_Freak, that's interesting that you received high percents on everything, you must be pretty easy going. :)

Bob, it seems the quiz is pegging a number of Arminians as Reformed/Calvinist. You, Bossman, and also Peter Churcher. It probably goes back to what Onesimus pointed out, some of the questions don't quite line up.

Tony said...

50% Orthodox? We're gonna have to work on that...

JK of course :)

Tony said...

Also interesting discrepency regarding the belief of when the Church began. I know Roman Catholic and Protestant belief is that the Church started at Pentecost, but the Eastern Orthodox actually believe the Church has always existed: Christ is the head of the Church, and Christ is eternal; Pentecost was the revelation of the Church Militant, but not the Church Triumphant. I had to put "Not Sure" for that choice, since that option wasn't open.

Also I got 100% Lutheran. Wowzers, I'm in the wrong Church!

Kevin Jackson said...

Yeah Tony, I come in low on the liturgical scale, it probably jacked my EO score. :)

I can see how there is an eternal aspect of the Church. Interesting thought.